Tried to finish my 10-trades rejection attempt yesterday. I got up to 7 trades in total, before time actually ran out. Anyway, here’s how it went. Green and red text symbolizes what I consider a value upgrade and downgrade, respectively
(photo proof will be added in a day or two):
- (Start) A paperclip
- A paper napkin (unused)
- A bundle of Post-its
- A small shampoo bottle
- A USB charger (!!) *
- A sealed can of cold Lipton ice tea
- A bottle of orange juice
- A bag of candy
Not too bad, considering it was my first “rejection” attempt. But I have to admit I still consider this a failure. For mainly three reasons:
- I didn’t manage 10 trades, which was my goal
- I didn’t challenge myself as much as I should. I often found myself choosing my subjects, avoiding people who I was sure wouldn’t want to participate.
- I used a white lie to approach people, saying that me and a friend were both doing this as a competition to see what we would end up with.
Nevertheless, at least I did my first attempt. I will have to shape up for the next one.
* I would like to give a special thanks to the guy trading my shampoo bottle for a USB charger. I felt like letting him down by trading away his USB charger for a can of ice tea, but it would have been very difficult to find people willing to trade something more expensive than the USB charger. Sorry, but thanks a million for your kindness!